|Wood hammer mill is commonly designed to pulverize biomass materials and particularly suitable for grinding products which have already been reduced in chips or shavings but can be further grinded by striking. Moreover, wood hammer mill is the significant auxiliary equipment in wood pellet production because most of wood materials do not have the right size preparing for pellet making. Generally it can process various biomass like tree branch, cotton stalk, corn stalk, wheat straw, peanut shell, bean stalk and etc. into desired sizes.
General Working Principle of Wood Hammer Mill
The hammer grinding system depends on breaking down materials by striking them with hammers, that’s to say by developing a force which is stronger than the cohesion of the particles of the material to be ground. The fundamental theory is simple. A hammer mill is actually a steel drum consisting of a vertical or horizontal rotating shaft or drum on which hammers are mounted. The hammers swing on the ends of the cross freely, or fixed to the central rotor. The rotor is spun at a high speed inside the drum while material is fed into a feed hopper. The material is impacted by the hammer bars and is shredded and expelled through screens in the rum of a selected size.
Expert in Manufacturing Wood Hammer Mill
Azeus is the expert in manufacturing hammer mills. Wood hammer mill manufactured by us is characterized by the supreme quality in various specifications to ensure excellent crushing efficiency in diverse applications. The purpose of our hammer mills is to crush materials by the collision between the high-speed hammer and materials. There are several types of wood hammer mills offered by us like common wood hammer mill, waterdrop wood hammer mill, wide chamber wood hammer mill, small electric wood hammer mill and small diesel wood hammer mill. These wood hammer mills own the same features and also have different characteristics. Now let’s have a look.
Large Scale Wood Hammer Mill
In order to meet the market and customers’ demands, we have customized the large scale wood hammer mills for choices: common wood hammer mill, waterdrop wood hammer mill and wide chamber wood hammer mill. From their names we may find some differences among them, but they three also have something in common.
1. Universal type product, stable performance, widely used for grinding of raw materials in large and medium-sized wood pellet plant.
2. The all-in-one base design make the structure of the wood hammer mill steadier and sightlier.
3. Advanced twice strike technology of the pulverizing chamber, good rigidity pedestal and small vibration.
4. A variety of sieve sizes are available to choose, flexible opening device and elastic pressure sieve mechanism, convenient to operate and maintain.
5. Adopt coupling direct drive, scientific and reasonable hammer arrangement and hammer screen clearance ensure uniform fineness of the finished products.
1. Different from common wood hammer mill, the grinding chamber of waterdrop wood hammer mill with the waterdrop structure has expanded the grinding space, thus the capacity and grinding efficiency will be improved. It can also well avoid the material cross-infection during pulverizing process.
2. Different from common wood hammer mill, the wide chamber hammer mill has a wider chamber to contain more blades. As the blades numbers increased in the unit space, the chances for the blades to crushing the wood materials has also increased. Thus the grinding efficiency is greatly improved at the same time. What’s more, the faster speed of the rotor provide a larger impact force to reduce the size of the wood materials.
Wide chamber hammer mill is equipped with a feedstock uniform device which will make the wood feedstock enter the grinding bin uniformly and reposeful to improve the working efficiency.
Small Scale Wood Hammer Mill
Small wood hammer mill supplied by us are electric and diesel engine hammer mill for home use and small scale production. They are widely used for grinding for maize, grain sorghum, rice bran, rice straw, vine, maize straw, sorghum stalk, beanstalk, wheat straw etc. They are both composed of crushing area, electric or diesel driven motor and the control bin.
Electric and diesel wood hammer mill are both compact in structure,less noise, easy to operate and all of rotors pass an accurate dynamic balancing test, less vibration during running. The rotor in the grinding area is the main grinding component. In the grinding area, the blades installed on the rotor rotate rapidly and form a continuous airflow in the grinding area. Then the raw materials rotate with the airflow and will be crushed for several times before discharging to required size. Reasonable layout of blade, advanced frame design, compact structure, small wood hammer mills are running well in a lot of farm and wood processing place.
Electric hammer mill is driven by electric motor which makes it more energy-saving and environmentally friendly.
Diesel engine biomass hammer mill is suitable for areas short of electricity or areas inconvenient to connect electricity.
Azeus wood hammer mills are featured with highly efficiency, resistant to corrosion, robust construction, easy installation and low investment cost. Although different in some parts, these five kinds of wood hammer mill have the similar working principle. They pulverize materials by rotating hammer blades and the impact of centrifugal force. By the suction of the fan, the powdery material will be discharged through the sieve, while those cannot go through the sieve will be pulverized again until they can pass the sieve holes. There are wide applications areas for hammer mills: pharmaceutical industries, food industry, plastic industry, chemical industry, wood industry and etc.. Azeus also offers a maintenance and assistance service as well as spare for all types of machines. Our clients can avail of these products from us to demand their specific requirements.